Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Eloquent in Speech????

Moses said to the Lord, "O Lord, I have never been eloquent, neither in the past nor since you have spoken to your servant. I am slow of speech and tongue."     Exodus 4:10

Hm..many times we feel exactly just like Moses isn't it? Thinking that we are not very eloquent in our speech or words, yet knowing and understanding and seeing the need to share our faith and hope to those around us who are hurting. I too go through this similar struggle------what if my brains suddenly jam up and I do not know what to say? What if when I'm sharing, my friend do not respond and ridicule me instead? What if I'm not able to answer the questions that are being asked? What if sharing my faith and hope affects the way my friends and acquaintances view me? Hm.........but my heart ache when I see them going through life's challenges without having Jesus in their lives. After all, I've come to know by now that life is really different when I have the presence of the Almighty God who created heaven and earth walking with me.......

Friends, we are really living in very challenging times and very difficult moments as well. There seems to be so much of challenges that's coming one after another---and really it doesn't matter what status of life you have or what age you are in, challenges are everywhere. Many friends around us seems to have an air of hopelessness or despair around them. Let's be a messenger of hope n faith to them. It really doesn't matter how they respond....It really doesn't matter whether we are eloquent in our words or not.....It really doesn't matter whether we have all the answers to their questions or not....Because many times, what people really need is a listening ear first, a gesture of love, an assurance of hope that is beyond what any humans can offer but only what God can offer.

You and I may not be eloquent in our speech. But you know what? Moses was also not eloquent in his speech when God first called him to lead the people into the promise land. However, guess what? When Moses told God that he was not eloquent in speech and ask God to look for someone else; God's reply to Moses was this "Who gave man his mouth? Who makes him deaf or mute? Who gives him sight or makes him blind? Is it not I, the Lord? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say." 

Incredible isn't it? Sometimes or can I say many times, we may not know what to say in whatever situations that our friends or love ones may be in...But God says, I'll be your mouth during those times...I'll help you to speak...Just open and speak when I put those words in your mouth...

I was reminded once again yesterday..."It's not with persuasive words of man that we speak, but it's with the demonstration of My spirit's power". These were the words of Paul to the Corinthian church in 1 Cor 2:4.

Each time when I meet with people and when I'm given the opportunity to share the word of God to others, I constantly remind myself and utter a simple prayer to the Lord --- "Let it not be persuasive words of man, but let Your power be demonstrated."

Whenever you struggle and have doubts on your own eloquence of speech, do remember it's not about how well we speak or even what we say...but it's about God wanting to bring His love and hope to the desperate friend or love one or just a mere acquaintance through you.

So, really just to be honest-----it has never been about you at all! =) 

It has never been about how well you can speak. But, the truth and the fact of the matter--------It's all about a loving God who's wanting to bring some words of hope, joy, faith, comfort and love to those hurting souls out there. You and I are just a vessel that He can flow through.

Will you be His messenger of Hope, Love, Faith & Peace?? 
Will you?? 


No comments: